|The Amazing Race 3|
|Season Run||September 8, 2012 – September 16, 2012|
|Winning Team||Andy & Cameron|
|Number Of Legs||6|
|Number Of Teams||6|
|Preceded By||The Amazing Race 2|
|Followed By||The Amazing Race 4|
|Team||Position (by leg)|
|Andy & Cameron||3rd||4th||1st+||2nd||2nd||1st|
|Dylan & James||1st||1st⊂||4thε+||1st⊃||1st||2nd|
|Matthew & Nikki||2nd||5th||2nd^||3rd⊂||3rd||3rd|
|Dusty & Austin||6th||2nd||5th~||4th⋑||4th|
|Austin & Lincoln||5th||3rd⊃||3rd^||5th⋐|
|Devin & Tyler||4th||6th||6th~|
|Alex & Matt||7th|
- A red team placement means the team was eliminated.
- A green ƒ next to a leg number indicates that the Fast Forward was available for that leg but not used.
- An underlined blue team's placement indicates that the team came in last on a non-elimination leg and had to perform a Speed Bump during the next leg of the race.
- A brown ⊃ or a cyan ⋑ indicates that the team chose to use one of the two U-Turns in a Double U-Turn; ⊂ or ⋐ indicates the team who received it; ⋐⋑ around a leg number indicates that only one of the two available U-Turns was used.
- A purple ε indicates that the team decided to use the Express Pass on that leg.
- Matching colored symbols (orange +, brown ^, and magenta ~) indicate teams who worked together during part of the leg as a result of an Intersection.
The seven teams were Andy & Cameron, Dylan & James, Matthew & Nikki, Dusty & Austin, Austin & Lincoln, Devin & Tyler, and Alex & Matt. Andy, Dylan, James, Matthew, Nikki, Dusty, and Devin returned to race in The Amazing Race 4, where they placed 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 1st, 7th, 8th, and 3rd, respectively.
The Amazing Race 3 had racers circumnavigate the globe, visiting six different countries, six different cities, and six different continents.
Leg 1 (United States → Venezuela)Edit
- Teams completed sliding puzzles of the flag of Venezuela.
- Speak: Teams listened to various Spanish words and then had to write them out based on their pronunciation; Serve: Teams identified the names of different Spanish cocktails from their ingredients.
- Teams checked in at the Casa del Liberadator.
Leg 2 (Venezuela → Botswana)Edit
- Teams completed paths from bananas to different monkeys in order to feed them and earn a score of at least 12,000.
- Teams played and won the ancient African game of Mancala in order to win the Fast Forward.
- Animal Facts: Teams answered various questions related to African wildlife; Animal Names: Teams identified various African animals by their African names.
- Lincoln & Austin U-Turned Dylan & James, who happened to be ahead of them, thus voiding the U-Turn; The second U-Turn was not used this leg.
- Teams checked in at the Three Dikgosi Monument.
Leg 3 (Botswana → Romania)Edit
- Devin & Tyler answered various trivia questions related to Romania.
- Count: Teams counted the amount of Tarot cards on a board; Combination: Teams cracked a number code by answering number-related questions about Romania.
- Andy & Cameron were paired with Dylan & James; Matthew & Nikki were paired with Austin & Lincoln; Dusty & Austin were paired with Devin & Tyler.
- Intersected teams took part in the fictional activity of vampire staking by staking twenty fake vampires.
- After becoming un-intersected, teams had to find an impersonator of the author of the original Dracula novel, Bram Stoker, from whom they would receive a combination.
- Teams checked in at the Romanian Athenaeum.
Leg 4 (Romania → Ukraine)Edit
- Making Music: Teams wrote a rap song recounting the past countries they've visited thus far on the Race; Finding Music: Teams searched through a stack of sheet music to find the sheet music for a specific song.
- Dylan & James U-Turned Matthew & Nikki; Dusty & Austin U-Turned Austin & Lincoln.
- Teams completed a word search, containing words related to Ukraine, in under five minutes.
- Teams checked in at Kiev City Hall.
Leg 5 (Ukraine → Mongolia)Edit
- Teams mastered the art of archery using a bow and arrow, a Mongolian weapon.
- Teams translated Mongolian letters to uncover the phrase 'Good Luck.'
- Picture It: Teams searched through Mongolian photo albums to find a specific photo; Pick It: Teams looked through a list of Mongolian letters to find the one letter without a match.
- Teams solved a word puzzle to find the name 'Ghengis Khan.'
- Teams checked in at Sukhbaatar Square.
Leg 6 (Mongolia → United States)Edit
- Teams dressed three different mannequins exactly as the example mannequins were dressed.
- Teams went to the roof of a marked building to search the city for a code written on a bus.
- Teams had to climb up the outside of the Empire State Building and rappel down again in two inute and forty seconds.
- Teams matched up a random selection of statements (including phrases, eliminated teams, it Stop locations, etc.) to their corresponding statements.
- Teams finished the Race at Carnegie Hall, the location of the Finish Line.
- This season marks the first appearance of the Express Pass.
- This season marks the first appearance of the Intersection.